Creative Block

Some days it’s a real chore to get the old imagination flowing. I came into the studio today thinking that I would be able to dive right into an oil painting that has been on my easel for the past week and a half only to spend a half hour staring at it blankly.
Whenever this happens I try to remind myself what a fellow artist once wrote ...”Simplify. Draw what is in front of you. Relax, enjoy your surroundings and breathe.”

Sometimes this advice is hard to follow, especially if there is a deadline involved. But, I do feel it’s good advice and I myself tell my students to not be afraid of accidents. You learn from them and sometimes they come out as happy accidents like that perfectly placed ink blot. I have not given up hope yet as there is still a good part of the day left.
But, if this block continues I’ll know I can take comfort in knowing I can look right out my window and find something to draw.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things In Our Yard / Journaling

Lazy Day

Big Horn