Op-ed Work

 Every week I submit one to three images to Tribune Media who provides images to various newspapers across the country. If they post one of my drawings I get paid for that image. Pretty simple. I'm not making hand over fist but it does get my work out there and I have the opportunity to try various mediums and styles. Many of the pieces are used for a newspapers "Opinion" page and us in the business refer to it as "Op-ed".

These are a couple of the Covid-19 inspired pieces I recently did.
The first relates to "Greed, individuals and companies who look to make a profit during these times" and the second image relates to "Spring".

Newspapers seek strong imagery which states a simple message quickly and to the point and I strive
to keep it as simple as possible. These two pieces were drawn using brush and ink then scanned and colored digital in photoshop.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things In Our Yard / Journaling

Lazy Day

Big Horn